The ‘Casuarina Sling’ cocktail was created by Nimrod Baker who reins from Mullumbimby and has a great passion for Northern Rivers produce. Using locally produced spirits, liqueurs and fruit, Nimrod captured the true flavours of the plentiful region. Tamborine Mountain Distillery (TMD) is one of Australia's smallest and certainly most unique, distilleries. One of only a handful of privately owned distilleries in the country, Tamborine Mountain Distillery uses traditional copper pot stills and fruit plucked fresh from the mountain to produce an exquisite array of liqueurs, Schnapps, vodkas and spirits.
- 30ml TMD Lilly Pilly Gin
- 10ml TMD Apricot Brandy
- 10ml TMD Quandong & Gentian Bitters
- 10ml Grand Marnier
- 60ml blood orange puree/two wedges of fresh blood orange
- 60ml pineapple juice
- Lime cut into wedges
- Boston cocktail shaker
- Muddle stick
- Paring knife and cutting board
- Cocktail strainer
- Muddle and shake.
- Cut one fresh lime into wedges and add to Boston cocktail shaker.
- Muddle limes and add all ingredients with a scoop of ice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled high-ball glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a slice of orange or blood orange and maraschino cherry.
Brought to you by Peppers Salt Resort & Spa
Courtesy of Nimrod Baker at Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, Kingscliff. Read more about Peppers Salt Resort & Spa's onsite restaurant, Season.